Seven Eagles is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. It is the mission of Seven Eagles to address the very real issue of “invisibility” faced by Maine Native people and to provide the First People of Maine with a “voice”. The stated goals of the organization are to:
- Assist in the development of Native American artists in the field of multimedia by providing professional development opportunities.
- Develop a Native American creative economy sector by utilizing media as a promotional tool for the revitalization, appreciation, and perpetuation of Native arts and culture.
- Create accurate works of Native American media.
- Educate through the sharing of Native American culture and heritage.
- Provide a voice for Native people.
- Address issues of socio-economic inequalities
Seven Eagles looks to utilize the arts in order to educate and share Native heritage with the public while providing a means of preserving the rich, but often endangered, languages and traditions of Maine Native people. We seek to mobilize and grow a cultural tourism market that will support the revitalization, appreciation, and perpetuation of Native arts and culture.